Photo: Brøndby IF
From the 2022-2023 season, the fans at Brøndby Stadion can look forward to a new and improved ticketing solution as the current Danish Champions from Brøndby IF has entered into a digital partnership with NewC. In addition to the digital ticketing solution, NewC will also supply the club with a new access control system.
– We look forward to starting our collaboration with NewC, and we are very much looking forward to implementing the new ticketing system next season. When we had to choose a new ticketing solution, we placed great emphasis on high reliability and ability to handle the pressure of many users at the same time. We feel that we get this from partnering with NewC, Thomas Skov Petersen, Marketing Manager at Brøndby IF, says.
– On top of the opportunity to continue with our subscription solutions, which 85 per cent of our fans use, it is also of great importance to us that we can work actively with improving the season ticket utilization. For example, the opportunity to free up seats in the stadium when fans cannot attend a match and use their season tickets for themselves. This season, we have had an increasing need for this, because of a record-high season ticket sale of 17,000, which leaves few seats available for a given match, Thomas Skov Petersen continues.
NewC is already firmly established in Danish football as supplier and development partner in many Superliga clubs and at the Danish Football Federation. In addition, the digital solutions company has club customers in a handful of other countries around the globe. At NewC, CEO Mikkel Skou is delighted to enter a partnership with Brøndby IF:
– It is a great joy for us to welcome Brøndby IF to our partner family. We have several Superliga clubs in our portfolio, but we have been missing one of the crown jewels. Brøndby IF has a large number of fans, who always back the club loyally. At the same time, the club itself is very ambitious regarding their digital development, so we expect a lot from this collaboration, says Mikkel Skou.
– We are very ambitious ourselves, and we always try to be a development partner rather than “just” a supplier. So, we look forward to help elevate the digital experience with ticketing, subscriptions, and stadium access to an even higher level – for the benefit of the fans and sponsors of Brøndby IF, he continues.
Smoother stadium access as well
As part of the collaboration, a new access control system will be installed at Brøndby Stadion during the spring. This will make access to the stadium easier for the fans, and at the same time the club’s staff will be able to handle the many spectators in a more efficient way.
Each entrance will have new scanners installed, supplemented with new mobile scanners. In addition, football-specific software will give Brøndby IF access to more advanced data about spectator movement in connection with the arrival at the stadium.
Mikkel Skou from NewC elaborates:
– The new setup makes it possible for Brøndby IF to run matchday operations based on a more data-driven approach, for example by analyzing the spectator flow in real time. The club can then use data to ensure the right number of employees in the right positions as well as the optimal scanner locations. This will hopefully provide a smoother experience for the many fans who enters the stadium gates shortly before a home match.
Today, it is crucial for football clubs to know as much as possible about their fans and their behavior in order to create the best possible match experience.
– We know that it is important to have the right data available – and not least to be able to use it constructively before, during, and after the matches. The new access control solution from NewC will be a valuable tool for us. We get access to live data that can help streamline our matchday operations and security setup. Most importantly, we can improve the experience for the many thousands of fans who visit Brøndby Stadion, says Head of Security at Brøndby IF, Mickel Lauritsen.
NewC is a full-service supplier and digital development partner to the global football industry.
NewC provides customized digital solutions for clubs and associations world-wide, including state-of-the-art subscription solutions. The international ticketing company has customers in six different countries: Brazil, England, Wales, Denmark, Sweden, and Finland.
NewC continues to grow and has ambitions to help many more football clubs globally. Headquarters are in Denmark with offices in the UK and Brazil.
The NewC motto is: Nothing is more valuable for a club than the people who support it.